Cosmetics were mainly created for enhancing physical appearances. In ancient times, the make-up used was completely natural. Advancements in technology have led to the creation of better synthetic cosmetics that are used as makeup. The benefits of make-up are great for all women and some of them are as follows.
1. Disguises flaws; Make-up disguises any imperfection that a person might have. For instance, when concealers are correctly applied on the face, darker pockets that are normally found below the eyes can be lessened. Individuals with lowly skin texture may use a foundation for enhancing their texture. Another method that make-up covers flaws is through enhancing other facial features. Thin lips may be improved with the application of lipsticks and lip liners.
2. Improves appearance; A huge objective for the application of make-up is basically to enhance an individualâ€™s appearance. When specific areas of the face are targeted and make-up is applied, the person benefits from a better and more appealing appearance. Eye makeup augments the eyes, while cheekbones are accentuated by using blushers.
3. Increases definition; Another important advantage of using make-up is the fact that it adds definition to facial features. Eyebrows can be better enhanced through thinning them and lip outlines may be colored using lip pencils or mascara.
4. Boosts confidence; For most people, wearing make-up is an essential daily duty that they cannot live without. This is because once they have put on the make-up they feel great about themselves. They are now able to interact with other members of the community knowing that they are better-looking.
5. Sun protection; Responding to concerns about the dangerous effects of UV rays of the sun, manufacturers of make-up products added sun protection into their cosmetic products. Wearing make-up therefore protects skin against sunburn. The demerit of using make-up is that it may easily irritate the skin or eyes, especially in people with existing skin problems.
Secret to a natural, flawless look
Step 1. Apply foundation to your cheeks, forehead, and chin using a foundation brush, sponge, or clean fingertips. Blend the foundation all the way to your natural hairline with long, light strokes.
Step 2. Continue blending over the jawline and onto your neck to achieve a natural, seamless look. Check your face and neck in natural light to make sure the foundation is completely blended in all areas.
Step 3. If under-eye circles or red spots remain, do not add more foundation; it can look heavy and cakey. Instead, try a concealer.
Tip 1: Choose the shade of your foundation carefully. When testing out shades, pick one that matches the tone of your jawline exactly. It helps to use a mirror outdoors to see how shades look in natural light.
Tip 2: Begin by applying a small amount of foundation then increase amount to achieve the degree of coverage that suits your skin.
Tip 3: For daytime, mix your foundation with a light SPF moisturizer before applying for a smoother, more sheer application.